The Holiday Project's Valentine's Saturday Visit
Saturday, February 11, 2017
Time: 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Meeting Location: Atria Sugar Land
1401 Soldiers Field Dr.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Visit confirmed by Ariana Martinez, Activity Director
Meet in front lobby and if staff is present tell them you are with The Holiday Project, if staff is unavailable, begin visit once team is gathered, typically begin visit 10 - 15 minutes after scheduled arrival time to make sure volunteers signed up for team have all arrived.....follow instructions below.
Questions - email Donna at: email@example.com
The Holiday Project - Volunteer Visits... on or near holidays to nursing homes and assisted living facilities....
Bring the Spirit of a Holiday to Those Who Otherwise Might Not Have a Celebration!
Make a Difference!!
Brighten someone’s holiday and help them know they have not been forgotten.
Volunteers always share that they are blessed through their visits.
All ages are invited to visit but an adult must accompany children throughout the visit.
Volunteers will visit as a team with the residents in community areas and room to room.
Time spent at the facilities will vary, but generally the visits last from about 1 to 2 hours, depending on the size of the facility and other circumstances unique to the team and the facility. (Sometimes the staff on duty want us to visit in a communal area of the facility such as a recreation room or dining hall. Other times we are invited to do both a communal visit and then break into small clusters to visit room-to-room for those persons who don't get out of their rooms. Which of these approaches is used also affects the total length of time we spend at a particular facility.)
Goal: To brighten up the holiday by passing out handmade Valentine cards and visiting with the residents.
Upon arrival: Meet in Lobby at Atria Sugar Land until it appears all volunteers have arrived....approx. 5 minutes....
In the note section of this need sign up, please add how many will be visiting.
See detailed instructions for day of visit below....
1. Remember that you are in a medical facility. Be aware and be careful.
2. Do not assist a resident in moving from or to a wheelchair. Ask an employee to help.
3. Do not feed or offer food to residents unless directed by an employee.
4. When entering a resident’s room, always knock and introduce yourself as a volunteer. Ask permission before entering.
5. Stay with the group as you move through the facility.
6. Do not go into isolation rooms, those rooms will be marked with a sign to see staff before entering. If you are passing out cards please give staff cards for residents in isolation rooms.
7. Because of HIPAA Privacy Rules most facilities require a signed photo release for pictures of/with residents. Therefore no pictures of resident's faces are allowed on The Holiday Project visits. The best way to take a picture is taking the back of the resident and the faces of the volunteers. The experience can still be documented in a picture without the resident's face.
8. It is not required but volunteers can make handmade Valentine's cards to pass out during the visit.
9. Have Fun! Together we CAN make a difference and REMEMBER...
"To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world!"
10. Any questions email Donna Martin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure all members of your group are in good health for the visit.
Thanks for sharing your time to brighten up Valentine's Saturday for the residents!
We encourage you to send follow up pictures and/or stories, to Donna after your visit. Stories and pictures are always appreciated....email her at: email@example.com
To learn more about The Holiday Project go to www.holidayproject.org