At Alliance we believe in helping our new community members become self-sufficient and feel a part of our Houston community. Every day we provide comprehensive services such as ESL classes, job readiness workshops, financial advancement and much more! We want all refugees to have a smooth transition, succeed and take part in the “American Dream”.
Refugees tend to face various barriers when they first arrive to the United States, one being adaption into a new cultural. To combat this barrier Alliance offers Cultural Orientation to newly arrived refugees. During this time Refugees gain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to adapt to their lives in the United States and become fully integrated into the Houston community!
The Data Entry Volunteer shall assist the training specialist with various administrative task such as:
- Entering students names into database
- Organizing files and collecting data to be entered into the computer.
- Entering information from client files into database
- Keeping sensitive customer or company information confidential
- Filing paperwork as needed
- Typing speed of 35 wpm or Higher
- Be Computer savvy (understand how to use word and excel)
- Have an eye for Detail & Precision
- S. Diploma or Higher
- Work related experience is a plus!
- Feel comfortable in a diverse setting
- Be 18+
- Attend one time AMCS Volunteer orientation
- 2x a week
- Any time between 8:30am-5:00pm