The CEC would like to expand or improve its existing programs to better meet the needs of the environmental community. However, the CEC has not executed a coordinated, year-end solicitation from individual donors for several years. Annual strategic planning by the board has identified an annual fund drive as a critical task for CEC in 2015, and the intern will be essential to the implementation of this effort.
- Developing a plan for the year-end solicitation
- Researching past donors and program participants to identify prospects
- Developing solicitation materials, including templates for letters, emails, thank you notes, and social media
- Inputting campaign information, including prospects, goals, documents, etc., into CEC’s donor database
- Evaluating program for conformance with the “Donor Bill of Rights,” IRS requirements, and other philanthropic best practices and requirements
- Attending fund development committee meetings, including giving a presentation about the year-end solicitation plan and soliciting input