Volunteers are needed for Interview Days for the City of Houston Summer Jobs Program!
City of Houston Summer Jobs Program offers 16-21 year olds residing within Houston city limits the opportunity to "learn and earn." While gaining exposure to a wide variety of careers, participants will work for 32 hours per week from June 12-Auguest 3. City of Houston Summer Jobs Program has 450+ position available for young adults. This volunteer opportunity is in support of the program interview days (April 29th and May 20th). During these events, program applicants will be interviewed by City of Houston department representatives.
We need your support to make sure this event runs smoothly.
Date: April 29, 2017
Location: George R. Brown Convention Center, Ballroom B
1001 Avenida De Las Americas
Houston, TX 77010
Dress Code: Business Casual
Commitment: There will be four hour shifts available for volunteers!
- Greeter/Floater (Greet and direct participants and receive lunch deliveries)
- Registration Team (SER or Dream Team Staff Preferred - Complete check-in and check-out for youth interviews)
- Document Screening Team (SER or Dream Team Staff Preferred - Data entry type of documents submitted for program and work eligibility)
- Volunteer Care Team (Check-in and orient volunteers before shift, receive/replenish/set-up refreshments)
- Photographer (MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE - Take pictures of event activities)
If you are interested, follow this link: Sign-In To Volunteer - City of Houston Hire Houston Youth Summer Jobs Program Interview Day
SER-JObs for Progress is thankful for the support volunteers provide to our clients!