SER-Jobs for Progress is in need of a few helping hands! Volunteers are needed for the last Job Readiness Training sponsored by City of Houston Summer Jobs for all qualified applicants!
The City of Houston Summer Jobs Program offers 16-21 year olds residing within Houston city limits the opportunity to "learn and earn." While gaining exposure to a wide variety of careers, participants will work for 32 hours per week from June 12-Auguest 3. City of Houston Summer Jobs Program has 450+ position available for young adults.
We received about 3,500 applications and the applicants that qualify will attend a Job Readiness Training! There are four training dates and locations available for Job Readiness Training. As one of the partners with City of Houston, SER-Jobs for Progress is seeking volunteers for the Job Readiness Training available to all qualified applicants. We need all the help we can obtain to get these youth prepared for interviews and future positions!
Date: April 22, 2017
Location: St. John's Downtown
2019 Crawford St,
Houston, TX, 77020
Commitment: There will be four hour shifts available for volunteers!
Dress Code: Business Casual
- Registration: In need of volunteers to help register young adults.
- Floaters: We need volunteers to greet and direct participants and monitor lunch tables.
- Training Assistants: Volunteers will be time keepers, distribute handouts, and help in demonstrations.
- Resume Builder Volunteers: Volunteers will work with youth that have no resume.
- Resume Reviewer Volunteers: Volunteers will critique and update existing resumes of youth.
If you would like to volunteer, sign up with the link below:
For more information: contact Marissa Martinez, Education Success Project Leader, by email at Marissa.Martinez@serhouston.org